Bootstrap javascript dependent classes not working locally, but works partially or completely with cdn versions

I headed straight to post this as i earlier promised to be back from my previous post.
I just encountered something and i felt i should share my findings with my friends. I tried using bootstrap framework for my UI when i discovered that some features as modal, dropdown and the likes were not working, and after much research some of the followings could have been the cause

i. Improper path configuration : if you don't give your script source tag the proper file path configuration, it won't find the .js file.

ii. This was actually my case -- Using an unsupported jquery version the bootstrap. Most or virtually all javascript related classes in bootstrap, depends on the jquery library, and the version of jquery supported by Bootstrap as of the time of this posting was 1.9 - 2.x.
Although jquery-3.0.0 (what i used at first) is currently the latest version of jquery as at this time, it is not supported by Bootstrap for now, but may be supported in the future, but no matter the time it is you stumble on this post, please do well to ensure you check out the Bootstrap bower.json on getbootstrap.com file to view the supported jquery versions as at present.
To download various versions of jquery, visit here.  

Goodbye for now.
I will be back again, but till then be good and gentle.lol

You can contact me @ anikenneth333@gmail.com
Also do well to drop your comments if this was helpful to you
Bootstrap javascript dependent classes not working locally, but works partially or completely with cdn versions Bootstrap javascript dependent classes not working locally, but works partially or completely with cdn versions Reviewed by Unknown on 13:36 Rating: 5

No comments:

Powered by Blogger.